AEW announced on Friday that Rey Fenix is injured and unable to compete in the 9-man Casino Ladder Match at Double or Nothing.
The injury likely occurred during this week’s Dynamite when he did a flip out of the ring and hit the ground back-first after several failed to catch him.
As a result, Joey Janela will replace Fenix in the match. A mystery spot still remains open until the match occurs.
.@ReyFenixMx is out of the #CasinoLadderMatch due to injury. Fenix isn’t expected to miss significant time. @JANELABABY is now entered in the Casino Ladder Match. 1 mystery wrestler is still TBA. DOUBLE or NOTHING is available on all major providers @brlive @FiteTV tomorrow 8/7c pic.twitter.com/0RKeirEhtU
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) May 23, 2020
Fenix is the second wrestler to be removed from the card due to injury. As noted, Britt Baker was also pulled after injuring her leg on Wednesday.
Below is what appears to be the final advertised card:
AEW World Championship Match
– Jon Moxley (c) vs. Brodie Lee
AEW TNT Championship Match
– Cody vs. Lance Archer
No DQ/No Count-Out AEW Women’s Championship Match
– Nyla Rose (c) vs. Hikaru Shida
Casino Ladder Match for future AEW World Championship match
– Darby Allin vs. Colt Cabana vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Joey Janela vs. Scorpio Sky vs. Kip Sabian vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Luchasaurus vs. mystery entrant
Stadium Stampede Match
– The Inner Circle vs. The Elite
– MJF vs. Jungle Boy
– Penelope Ford vs. Kris Statlander
– Shawn Spears vs. Dustin Rhodes
Buy In Pre-Show #1 Contender’s Match
– Best Friends vs. Private Party